Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Allerpet/D Solution for Dogs Review


Agreed to take care of a friend's dog for two months, only to find that I was VERY allergic to it-- I grew up with a Beagle, and she's a beagle mix, so I thought I'd be fine, but nope. I knew I had cat allergies but this was a surprise-- I get itchy eyes and congestion-- after 2 days with her I thought I would have to send her back, but then took several measures which combined have made living pretty tolerable.

1) Allerpet D -- the first time I used it it cut my symptoms about 50%. Used it again a couple days later, down another 10-20%. Took about 1 1/2 weeks to really clear them about 90% and that's where they've stayed. I have to use it about 2x a week though-- as I feel my eyes start to itch after 4 days.

2) No dog in the bedroom. Even with Allerpet, if she sleeps in the bedroom, my nose starts to run.

3) Keep it clean. I'm vacuuming 1-2x a week, and using a Swiffer. Also did a very thorough dusting under big furniture, under appliances, etc. Because allergies are "cumulative" (i.e. if you're also allergic to dust, and there's already dust in your house- the dog may send you over the edge, but is only part of the problem), I've made a big effort to dust, and also remove mold/mildew in the bathroom.

4) HEPA air purifier. I ran this in my bedroom after she'd been there, and then run it on low throughout the day in the living room (where she spends most of the day).

5) Allergen laundry detergent. I run her bed covering and two blankets she sleeps on in the washer in this once a week. I supposed to remove allergens. Also, run my sheets in this (for dust mites).

This product is good and does work. I tried the other measures before Allerpet and they only reduced my symptoms 20-30% I would say-- this did more for sure. I found it works best with a microfiber towel. Also, the dog doesn't seem to mind it at all (unlike a normal bath!), and it makes her coat softer.
Get more detail about Allerpet/D Solution for Dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment