Thursday, June 10, 2010

Save Safari Guillotine Large Nail Trimmer


We had misplaced the trimmer we've had for several years, so I ordered this one. The first time I used this on my cat's first claw, she actually yelped in agony.

The explanation is simple: Look at the two photos I've loaded above, and examine the cutting head of each tool. I rubberbanded the handles on both tools closed so the cutting action can be observed.

In the first photo of a non-Safari trimmer (we finally found the old one), you'll see the two pieces of the cutting head are parallel and tight against each other. This allows for a clean cut of the claw.

Now examine the second photo of the Safari trimmer: Note how the gap between the two pieces. The claw gets caught in that space, and instead of a clean cut, gets crushed.

The original French guillotine was considered to be a device of terror, so this Safari trimmer is aptly named. I immediately returned this to Amazon for a refund, and I would highly suggest avoiding its purchase.Get more detail about Safari Guillotine Large Nail Trimmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment