Monday, July 19, 2010

Dematting Rake 8" Best Quality


I have been volunteering in the grooming department weekly for the past 10 years at a very large animal shelter. I have encountered every possible coat on a dog over the years. I thought I have tried every tool invented.

I now have a goldendoodle who has an ultra soft coat which matts on a daily basis. I have been brushing her 2 times a day until I purchased this dematting rank. It completely stripped out the whispy, tangled soft fur at her skin. I did not subject my dog to the tugging all at once, I divided it over several session. The rake goes to the skin then it definitely requires some pulling to get the hair completely out. I ended up with a bag full of fluff. Now I can get a pin brush through her coat without it snagging. Petsmart grooming department said I should either totally shave my dog (which I refuse to do because her coat is so beautiful at 4 inches long) or use this dematting rake. So I decided to give it a try.

Her coat looks exactly the same as before except the undercoat is completely gone. I presume it should be cooler for her in the summer too.

She is now 2 and my only regret is that I didn't buy this tool the day her adult coat came in a year ago. I can't say enough about this tool-- it's cheap compared to the $65 Les Pooches brush (which I also love but it only works well after using the dematting rake).

Get more detail about Dematting Rake 8".

No comments:

Post a Comment